Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finding the Positive

          I was thinking about adjustments that I have made since I got married.  You can tell how easy it has been in that one of the first things that came to mind was more trips to Costco.  
          It pains me to go, but one of the things that I discovered is that when I am feeling particularly unattractive, I can find it recuperative to head to Costco (Wal-Mart or any other large, warehouse store would probably do as well).  Here, I can look around and not feel so despairing of myself.  Hey, I’m not so plump, my hair is not so bad.  I have come to realize, having run into people that I know at Costco, that no one looks good here.  Perhaps it is the lights, perhaps it is the consumerism and the too much of everything, perhaps no one really feels the need to look their best; you’re wandering around in a modified garage for goodness sake.  After a trip around the store I usually come to the conclusion that, although I may not win a beauty contest I certainly have a long way to go before I hit too far below average on the attractive scale.  
         Well, today's the day - off to Costco we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment