Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Haircut

My husband needs a little hair trim now and again between cuts and I happily make a snip or two around the ears and such.  Now last night (and I'm not sure why) but I decided to get a bit more aggressive and off I went a cut here and there, and yes, it was pretty much everywhere.  And I did not quite realize just how much I had done until I looked down at his blue sweatshirt, covered now in a silvery shimmer.  Can you imagine such patience and trust from my husband sitting there, not quite sure what had gotten into his wife?

Less is better he said and I knew what he meant, less cutting and more hair not the other way around.  The side burns now needed a touch or two and Tom, note it was he, said to go get his razor and I did and it turned right on.  I was thinking I should really stop about the same time he questioned just what I was doing.   It was then that I realized the razor was just for an even bottom.  I had thought for the effort of getting it out that a tool of that size could trim the whole thing.

Then the laughter began quite in earnest, for my husband now had one extremely short side burn.   You might say that I shaved it all the way off and just to match the other is now barely there.  After all of this, I will say that the work I did was quite fine and he looks good, no better, quite handsome.   And when the laughter had slowed, he said with a smile that I can do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the picture, so that we can help you be the judge of the results?

    ReplyDelete