Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve


     I woke up early this morning.  It’s Christmas Eve and a delightful day is ahead.  First, a chocolate almond torte is to be made.  It has a load of chocolate, butter and eggs.   Then homemade marshmallows in all sorts of shapes for Colette’s hot chocolate tomorrow will be created.  After wrapping a few presents and stuffing stockings,  Tom will help my dad with a project and I will go get my niece Torunn so she can spend the afternoon with us.  We will go get a latte, take a walk with the dogs and have a bit of quiet time enjoying the tree and decorations and each other before going to the Christmas Eve church service.    We will eat a yummy dinner with family, perhaps play a new game and go to bed with thoughts of thankfulness and Christmas tonight.  
     Days never go quite as planned but still, I am looking forward to this one whatever it may end up bringing.
     Merry Christmas to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment