Monday, April 18, 2011

Go Away Bat

There is a bat hanging out on the wall outside our bedroom.  It's driving me nuts and just won't go away.  Supposedly it can eat thousands of mosquitoes a night (barely a dent in the number that seem to be in the area during this very wet spring), and, as long as you do not touch one, they are quite good to have around.  All that noted, I simply do not want him there.

It was Saturday when Tom said he had something to show me.  I saw the glint in his eye and immediately new I could be in trouble.  "Inside or out?"  was my only question and resolved whether or not I wanted to see what it could be.  Things have a way of sticking with me, scary movies, all sorts of frightening images.  Yet, on the other hand I have a fascination for little creatures and such.  "Yes, I want to see it."  For some reason it makes all of the difference where it is located.  I have zero tolerance for creatures, other than my pups inside the house.  Out in the forest is another matter.  Here I am fascinated by what I can find.  In my yard is often okay, but too close to the house and it is borderline.  One of the things that actually attracted me to this house was that there is no attic space and no crawl space under the house (the one area that just gave me the willies to think about at my last home).

Out the door we went and there, just outside, was a bat.  I got close enough to study its big ears, and its furry mouse-like body with wings.  Rather fascinating, I thought.

I wasn't so interested in it when I saw it was in the same place yesterday and today I am quite annoyed.  It just won't go away, but hangs upside down in the same place above our bedroom window.  I've tried banging on the wall, shining a flashlight and other things that I read about doing, to no avail.  There he lies, sleeping all day.  Ugh!  Go away, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment