Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Have Been Feeling Guilty

I have been feeling guilty
For writing
Not so very much
More like
Not at all
But the summer days have come

And the wild roses are blooming
All along the road
And the hay is being mowed
In the fields across the way
And company has come
And there is hiking to do
And the hammock calls
And all that is happening
Is inspiring me to be outside
In the garden
That I am quite loving
And when inside to be
Baking for the visitors
That summer always beckons

And I have been away from
Paper and pen
And my computer and keyboard

Now, I think
I am ready to return
Because I like it so
But still to enjoy the full days
Of summer.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed you, but so happy to know that you might be able to fully embrace your summer days and still share some thoughts from inside and outside of your cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poetry, Gretchen, and I love remembering a year ago when you and Tom were married in our garden. The white blushing Bride hydrangeas are flourishing....just like your committment to one another.
    Happy First Year Anniversary!
    Norma

    ReplyDelete