Thursday, August 11, 2011

Multiple Mes

I have known for awhile
There are multiple mes
And I like to keep them
Quite separate.

There is Africa me
Who wants to save the world
Who wants to be in places
Far far away.

There is at home me
Who would be happy to stay
In our kitchen and garden
Most every day.

There is athletic me
Who wants to be out skiing
And kayaking and hiking and biking
No matter the weather.

There is business me
Who cuts to the chase
And is decisive and clear
And wants progress.

I think there are other mes too.
And when my mes collide
It throws me off
And I often get quite flustered.

And now my dear Dr. Lily
from Liberia is visiting and my
Africa world has met
My home world
And I quite like it.

And I think I've decided that rather
Than mes I keep quite separate
That I like the blended me best
For really, that's just me.

And even my blogs, my travels and my home have been separate and so I will combine them, with thoughts here and there from my travels because, although they are not from our cabin, they are of me and if that's not already what I am writing about it is how I have developed my perspective.

2 comments:

  1. Very good idea because what has given you your insightful perspective on so many varied topics is one of the reasons we like to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete