Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recipes

Chili
From Maureen
My next door neighbor
My good friend.

Apple Crostata
From Colette
Her food is delicious
My sister.

Poppy Seed Dressing
From Marilyn
A confidante
And an inspiration.

Caramel sauce
From my mom
My teacher
and friend.

Savory spaghetti
From my grandma J.
Long gone
But well remembered

Cinnamon rolls
From my grandma M.
A favorite
Past and present

Grandma's chocolate cake
From Sally
Friend of my mom
And mine too.

And so many more.

New recipes
I try often
But I love opening
My treasure box
Of index cards
In the writing of those
Here and gone
A reminder of friends
Old and new.

Know that when I cook them
I think of you.

1 comment:

  1. Sleepover Coffee Cake
    Scones
    Rich Cream Biscuits
    Grammy's Chicken Pot Pie
    Chicken Paillard
    - And that's just 2 catagories in my recipe file from Gretchen, my daughter and my friend.

    ReplyDelete