Saturday, October 8, 2011

Look Up, Sweet Girl



Lying in bed this morning
I looked over and watched my sweet Summit 
Stand up from the rug beside the bed
And amble to the door. 
Unfortunately, it was the one to the closet
And there she stood
Waiting, as if the world had closed off
But it did not matter    
And it may just open up again
If she stood there and waited. 

"Summit, Summit" I called
She turned around
And saw what she had not before  
That in the maze of the bedroom
There stood, on the other side
Another door.
Not seeming to think much about it
She wobbled, for this is how she now walks,
Straight through, to where she wanted to go
No more obstacles along the way.  

And I think sometimes this is how I feel
Looking straight ahead wondering and waiting
Not really thinking of another door.

So look up sweet girls (being Summit and me)
And look around too.
Don't wait too long when your way is blocked
For around the corner you might just find
A better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment